When an entrepreneur is looking for a company secretarial service from many similar services in Hong Kong, he should aim for the team who consists of experienced staffs with solid professional qualifications and knowledge of the local Hong Kong statutory regulations.
The service with company incorporation in Hong Kong should be a comprehensive and high quality service for corporate firms to private companies, companies limited by guarantee and listed companies. The service or specialist will be responsible to handle the formation of company limited by guarantee, preparation of articles of associations, and other services including assistance in local Hong Kong bank account opening.
In a typical company formation and/or registration service, it should contain:
- Advice on the different business entity types including the appropriate corporate structure to suit the needs of the customers.
- Full service on the formation of companies limited by guarantee in Hong Kong.
- Full service on the registration of sole proprietorship and partnership companies in Hong Kong.
- A bonus: The capability for the formation of private companies in Hong Kong, China, and other jurisdictions such as British Virgin Islands, Seychelles, Samoa, Cayman Islands, and more.
- Assistance open bank accounts locally in HK.
- Offers a year of service, or multiple years of services including company secretarial services for private companies, listed companies, and companies limited by guarantee.
- Offers provision of company secretary, nominee shareholder, registered office and correspondence address.
- Maintenance of statutory records, preparation of minutes and filings of statutory forms with the government authorities, attendance of meetings of directors and shareholders, and arrangement for audit, accountancy and tax consultancy services.
- Application for dormant status of Hong Kong companies.
- Cessation of businesses or de-registration (i.e. closure) of companies.
- Consulting on liquidation.
- Offers advice on corporate re-structuring, mergers, or acquisitions.
- Company name search and trademark registration in Hong Kong and other countries or jurisdictions.
- Land search on properties in Hong Kong and China.
- Preparation and filing of annual return to the Hong Kong Companies Registry.
- Preparation and filing document for change of company registered address.
- Preparation and filing document for change of director.
- Transfer of shares, increase of share capital, and allotment of shares.
- Preparation of articles of associations.
A Hong Kong limited company is required have a company secretary who must fulfill one of the following requirements.
- The secretary may be a natural person aged 18 or above. She must reside in Hong Kong.
- The secretary may be a body corporate that has a registered office that is based in Hong Kong.